Ouchy!

Oooouuuuchyyyy... I can't really say i've enjoyed being out of my "zone" - whatever that is.

I found this week's Daring card Maker's challenge really hard, as i deffinately saw it as more of a dare than a vehicle for inspiration.

I thought I'd try a technique I'd like to get more into. Stamping and then colouring in, wether by chalks or paint. That bit was fun and easy! I had bought some new clear stamps from Clever Cut. One of them being a little country style house as I'm always on the look out for things to use on New Home cards. I used my Stargazers pearlescent and metallic water colours to paint it in.

When putting the card together, I started to apply more rules to myself...

: NO inking
: NO foam pads
: Use decorative scissors (I had not used mine for ages)
: Use stickers (don't usually)
: Make TWO cards in one go, not just one!

I think this was when it got hard!!! It's amazing to look back on ones crafting experiences and realise how far you can come in a few months. Techniques and ideas picked up here and there, trial and error with new products, or discovering new uses for older stash... I love setting rules for myself that restrict the use of colours or a couple of techniques, but actually stopping myself from using techiniques I really enjoy at the moment was really hard. i debated wether or not to show them as I can't say I am "proud" of these, and that kinda defeats the object of my blog - to show off the pieces that I think I am good at... Anyway, must stop rambling, and show you what I made... I know which one is my favourite which one do you prefer?



The pearlescent effect hasn't come out well on my camera, a bit too shiny!

10 comments:

Nickynoo said...

They're both lovely cards, but if I had to choose it would be the second one, lovely! The "no inking" bit made me smile, I don't think I make cards any more without something inked on them, so this would be quite a challenge for me! Well done for daring, it's a tricky one this time : ).

Lythan said...

You were hard on yourself with all those extra rules! But you came through really well - they are both lovely, though number 2 just has the edge for me!

Rhi said...

I really like them, especially the second, the fibre and button is a beautiful accent. What a lot of extra rules you gave yourself while doing them.

Well done for daring to step out of your safety zone, I can't wait to get back to mine!

Rhi x

Frog said...

These are gorgeous, well done.

Andrea xx

Saffa said...

OOh these are sooo sweet!

Number 2 is mt favourite bu they are both so cute! I love the colours so soft and lulling!


Well done but you really didn't have to be so hard on yourself, just stepping out of the 'zone' was a challenge in itself!

Great Job
xxSaffa

Kathy said...

Gosh, I thought the challenge was hard enough without adding tons of extra conditions!
I like them both. As a complete card I like the second one best - but having said that, I really like the first one - I think if the colours on the greeting were as soft as those on the house bit then it would be a very close run thing though as I really like the colour of the card you've used for that one.

Rachel said...

both lovely cards, I found this one hard too.

BondGirl said...

Firstly apologies for the tricky dare. But what fab cards! i love the little house and such lovely colours

Paula said...

Lovely cards. I think it is good to get out of your comfort zone occasionally.
Just wish my mojo would come back, I haven't scrapped for over a week!!!

Gillian Hamilton said...

Oh hun, you did get right out of your comfort zone... even when your not comfortable you still make really great cards...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...