Cupcakes - roses and flowers

I have been so inspired by this wonderful blog... now obviously this lady is a professional and been doing it a while, so I have a long way to go. However I figured if my cards look half decent, decorating cakes can't be too beyond my grasp!

Anyway, I spent some of my birthday money on some cutters, my sister gave me some too, and some fab glitter that just HAS to go on everything! The idea is that for my friend's birthdays, they'll get cupcakes... beautifully decorated.

Here are the first experiments... don't look to closely! And of course, they looked better in real life, and tasted lovely too!


These are some of my experiments with butter icing roses. Found some fab videos on youtube that really helped, check them out here. Some great tips on how to make the icing, what the right consistancy is, and how to actually pipe it. All I need now are some decent piping bags and tips. Do you have any great hints to share with me?


4 comments:

Calv said...

No tips as such Ruth, but they look so nice, i'm sure i could do a demo on how to eat them! :)

Fantastic job.

Carla said...

These are beautiful!!! They match the card you posted a day or so ago!

Kathy said...

Well I think they look fab - just wish I could try them out!

Hazel said...

How yummy! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...